Saturday, April 3, 2010

Been Running for too Long.

Ok so lately I've been having these weird dreams. Tossing and turning at night waking up in cold sweats, crying in my sleep, and waking up in the middle of the night wondering where I am because my dreams just seemed THAT real. This is going to sound a little crazy but last night I had a dream about me setting the oven on fire and trying to hide it from my mom. At first I was successful at hiding it but I knew that I couldn't hide it for long. So when she left I went to my room packed my things and ran away in fear of getting in trouble. But through out the whole dream I had this person standing slightly behind me telling me that I shouldn't run away I should just face the issue. And when I did run away that person was telling me to go back home but I never listened and I never looked back. And when I made that decision the person trying to convince me to go back home disappeared in the shadows and I never saw them again.

When I woke up I just laid in my bed for a while really trying to decipher what my dream meant. Then it hit me. My dream meant that I have an issue with facing my problems. I always find a way around them but I never address them head on. A lot of people have told me that I need to stop running away from my problems but I never listened. And the person in the dream I realized was me. I used to be able to address my problems and then one day I just gave up and I've never been able to deal with them since.

After that dream I've decided that I am no longer going to by pass the issue at hand. No more finding a way to get around my problems, I'm going to take them on full force. I've limited myself so much by running from my problems. So now it's time to undo what I've already done. And it's time for me to find myself again the person that had enough courage to deal with what is thrown at them and wasn't afraid to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment